The “Queen of All Media” recently revealed the real reason behind the cancellation of her TV5 show.
PHOTO: Instagram/krisaquino, cornerstone
Kris Aquino fans will have to wait (yet again) for her TV comeback. The 49-year-old media superstar finally confirmed the rumors that her TV5 show has been canceled. “Love Life with Kris,” as the show was called, was supposed to be her first TV appearance in four years. This much-awaited comeback, however, has been dogged with problems that led to its official termination. Here’s a timeline of what happened:
Shaky start
Kris posted feelers that a new project was in the works last June. On June 22, she announced that she had signed a contract but wasn’t allowed to reveal the details just yet. It was the “moment” she had been waiting for.
“I was reminded by attorney @gideon.pena that the contract I signed had 3 paragraphs regarding CONFIDENTIALITY. So for now it’s just this video,” she writes in the caption.
“THANK YOU to my FAMILY & all of you, my loyal FOLLOWERS for helping me pray for this moment to finally arrive,” she says.
Since then, Kris continued to post teasers of the show, which at that time, didn’t have a title yet. However, on July 4, Kris finally revealed what appeared to be a poster bearing the logo Love Life with Kris. The next day, she posted another teaser with the caption expressing her excitement, “There’s nothing better than giving yourself a new beginning…”
PHOTO BY Instagram/cornerstone
However, on July 6, news broke that the show had been canceled. According to Pep.ph, there was no “direct negotiation” between Kris Aquino and TV5. An independent producer had tapped Kris Aquino for the project. An insider source reveals that the decision to cancel the show came from the higher-ups of TV5, who said that Kris Aquino was a “business risk.”
Pep.ph also said that there had been talks of conflict between the show’s producer and TV5 executives, information that was revealed by entertainment editor Dondon Sermino on his YouTube channel.
Within a short amount of time, people noticed that Kris Aquino deactivated her Instagram account. Pep.ph was able to get an official statement from Kris regarding the rumored cancellation: “Let’s let this battle go. There are ones worth fighting, this isn’t one of them,” she said.
News
Zeinab Harake and Ray Parks Jr. Set to Say ‘I Do’ This Year — Wedding Bells Are Ringing! /lo
Zeinab Harake & Ray Parks Jr. Plan to Tie the Knot This Year Zeinab Harake and Ray Parks Jr. Set…
PNP Clarifies: Senator Bato dela Rosa’s 2 Security Details Were Removed as Early as January 13 /lo
PNP on Bato dela Rosa’s 2 Security Details: “Inalis na po yan noon pa pong January 13″ Statement of PNP…
Maja Salvador Says She’s Ready To Have Baby #2 /lo
Maja Salvador Says She’s Ready To Have Baby #2 Maja Salvador talked about motherhood and her career Actress Maja Salvador shared that…
Why Did Coco Martin Question Julia Montes’ Baby? The Truth Behind the DNA Drama EXPOSED! /lo
Coco Martin Suddenly DEMANDS Julia Montes to Test Their Child’s DNA — What They Discovered Will SHOCK You! Manila, Philippines…
SHOCKING! Kitty Duterte Embarrassed by Sec. Boying Remulla? – ‘You Don’t Know Anything!’ Clip Goes Viral . /lo
SHOCKING! Kitty Duterte Embarrassed by Sec. Boying Remulla? – “You Don’t Know Anything!” Clip Goes Viral Manila, Philippines –Social media…
SA WAKAS! Lito Lapid Inamin ang TOTOONG Relasyon Nila ni Lorna – ‘Mahal Ko Siya Noon… at Hanggang Ngayon’ /lo
Manila, Philippines –After years of silence and persistent rumors, veteran actor and senator Lito Lapid has finally broken his silence…
End of content
No more pages to load
Leave a Reply